Parks & Recreation
City Hall, Lower Level
Phone: (636) 583-8471
Kevin Arand, Director email@example.com
Angie Breeden, Program Coordinator
Terry Bliss, Park Maintenance Supervisor
Parks, recreation, and open space provide personal, social, environmental and economic benefits and are important to our quality of life. As the City grows, new places are needed where residents can play, relax, meet their neighbors, and enjoy the natural environment. Thoughtful parks, recreation programming & open space planning makes sure that we continue to improve our quality of life for future generations. This is the charge of the City of Union’s Parks & Recreation Department which includes:
- Ensuring stakeholders and residents have adequate public involvement opportunities to provide input for decision-making
- Providing planning and design for new parks, recreation areas, trails, and open space amenities
- Acquiring new land for neighborhood and community parks, natural areas, and open space
- Facilitating the parks giving program, including memorial bench, tree planting, specific event donations and many other parks donation opportunities
- Joining with area residents, related public agencies, and community partners to continuously improve the quality, safety, availability and accessibility of parks and open space
For planning, design, funding, partnership and other questions, ideas or comments, please contact Kevin Arand, Parks Director.
For recreation programs, sports leagues and/or facility rentals, please contact Angie Breeden, Program Coordinator.
For City Park and facility maintenance or operation questions please contact Terry Bliss, Park Maintenance Supervisor.